This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- Just remembered there's no new @GameOfThrones this year. What an absolute disgrace. https://t.co/R7OF8peYDv 3 weeks ago
- Nice use of DOOH lnkd.in/e6i8Ti8 lnkd.in/eWjzGaj 3 weeks ago
- RT @TheEconomist: Other countries love quizzes, but there has only ever been one non-English winner of the World Quizzing Championship http… 1 month ago
- RT @chrisapplegate: This photo of Dele Alli getting abused by Chelsea fans after scoring is like a giant Renaissance canvas. The more you l… 1 month ago
- RT @ThatBloke_Jesus: Just been invited out for supper with the lads. Should be a good night, the first supper of many I bet #bestmates #… 1 month ago