This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- Significantly less yelling, perhaps? twitter.com/engadget/statu… 2 days ago
- RT @BuzzFeed: YouTube plans "Intelligence Desk" to spot inappropriate content early bzfd.it/2EVA8hI https://t.co/wCEDUOnF3G 2 days ago
- Facebook overhauls News Feed in favor of 'meaningful social interactions' lnkd.in/eVHhMuC 1 week ago
- RT @360iEurope: Great news to kick off the year: we’ve brought on a new Head of Media – welcome John! Read more in @Campaignmag: https://t.… 1 week ago
- Facebook launches a version of Messenger for young children lnkd.in/gEBjEr6 1 month ago