This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- RT @TheBrandonMorse: I’ve never seen something more human from a robot than this. https://t.co/bDxkBISQA1 3 days ago
- So good twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/stat… 3 weeks ago
- RT @StevenDiffey: Mad to think that a guy had a concept of it in 1784, a physicist formulated it in 1915 and then we have the opportunity t… 1 month ago
- RT @JimMFelton: Update https://t.co/16qUUzhzcY 1 month ago
- Why is that McDonald's 'peely peely' advert SO IRRITATING 1 month ago