This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- RT @Hoxton_FM: LIVE>9pm Record Roots // @kendricklamar // @joebycro Cronin // @stubeckwith https://t.co/M2DQT7N0Eh 1 month ago
- RT @JimMFelton: To summarise the UK right now... https://t.co/mfTCYas5ia 1 month ago
- RT @360iEurope: Dogs in the 360i office today for a client shoot. This outtake from @joebycro is too much 😂 https://t.co/EWmYUzGntz 1 month ago
- RT @davidschneider: Trump pushing NATO leaders out of the way makes a lot more sense when you can hear the music playing in his head. https… 1 month ago
- RT @dentsuaegisUKI: Have great ideas? Bring them to the table at #360isummerschool - an 8-wk paid internship at a leading digital agency ht… 1 month ago