This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- RT @360iEurope: Huge congrats to our social marketing manager Matt Linstead on being shortlisted for the @somecommsawards Mark Hanson award… 19 hours ago
- RT @The_Perturbator: https://t.co/gHaIgnjXmF 1 day ago
- RT @tomkelk: Let's hope Trump isn't one of this select group... twitter.com/Twitter/status… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BoringMilner: I've been trying to cheer Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain up after last night's game but I think his battery must have run out. h… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Hoxton_FM: 3rd Mondays 7>9pm // @RecordRoots // @daftpunk // @joebycro // @StuBeckwith // watch: pscp.tv/w/bI6vvzF4ZUtX… https://t.co/3… 4 weeks ago