This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- RT @Darren_Dutton: WOAH BLACK BETTY https://t.co/Q0WM94s6ku 9 months ago
- RT @scott_kerr: Enormous xylophone in the woods of Kyushu, Japan plays a Bach tune when a wooden ball rolls down each "key." An impressive… 10 months ago
- RT @McVities: Sharing biscuits is tricky right now, but our Chocolate Digestives are #TooGoodNotToShare So, just FOLLOW US and RETWEET thi… 10 months ago
- RT @FPL_Partridge: Twitter stories.. https://t.co/49d5fbI8dZ 11 months ago
- RT @blockbuster: Just checking in. 👋 1 year ago