This rather odd piece features 16 gears powered by an electric motor that does 5700 RPM. However, the last cog is limited to doing only 0.0000003RPM. This means that for the last cog to do a full revolution, the machine will have to be running for 18 months. Or thereabouts. I’m not sure what the message from the artist was, but to me it seems to be to social commentary regarding the slow pace of real, effectual change occurring as a result of bureaucratic hierarchical structures, regardless of the furious effort exerted by those at the bottom. Who knows!?
- #smallfortune is the best thing on TV for years 6 days ago
- Looks like @KFC_UKI don't just do reactive print ads when they run out of chicken! #Brexit https://t.co/cPYFBnZpzQ 1 week ago
- RT @thenextweb: Digital trends 2019: Every single stat you need to know about the internet tnw.me/MeFhJdF 2 weeks ago
- RT @gregjames: Oh my good god. twitter.com/SamTHarperDJ/s… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Yesterday: Eat 50,000 calories Today: Brisk walk That’ll sort it 1 month ago